JOB TITLE: TRANSPORT PLANNER
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
To facilitate the supply chain operations of our company. You will be the one to coordinate personnel and processes to achieve the effective distribution of goods. Identify risks, issues and opportunities and deploys innovative solutions and techniques in response to them to improve Logistics delivery.
a) Responsible to: Transport Manager
b) Responsible for: HGV Drivers
c) Liaison with: Directors, Managers, Employees, Clients, Suppliers, Visitors
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Decide the prioritised delivery requirements of customers, based on their communication and our analysis and route vehicles into site accordingly.
• Communicate with Sales staff to determine customers delivery requirements.
• Monitor vehicle progress throughout the day and make decisions on re-routing accordingly
• Communicate routing decisions to drivers including all necessary and accurate delivery information - names, addresses, phone numbers, etc
• Communicate and build relationships with customers and agencies
• Request back-loading suitable to planned deliveries.
• Organise deliveries according to customer demand
• Communicate with sub-contractors.
• Process departmental documentation
• Identifies customer requirements with sales and develops plans to meet them. Routinely challenges current practices to identify and deliver value improvements and solutions.
• Develops strong working relationships and has regular contact with drivers
• Personally evaluates risk and makes contingency plans accordingly.
• Leads by example, displaying energy and commitment to the achievement of results.
• Considers others when making decisions
• Involves others appropriately in decision making and communicates the outcome clearly.
• Strives to deliver continuous improvement in the business.
• Shares own learning with others in their own business function and across the company and willingly adopts the best practice of others.
• Works closely with the Sales team to ensure that all logistics solutions are fully integrated and designed to improve customer service.
• To comply with the company’s Factory Production Control Manual in support of SRC Quality Objectives
• To act in accordance with the company’s Health, Safety and Environmental policies, procedures and practices highlighting any issues appropriately
• Performs other duties as directed
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
• Enthusiastic, committed and a fast learner with previous experience of a busy environment
• Ability to work with individuals across departments and liaise with external customers and contacts
• Solid organisational skills and the ability to prioritise a varied workload
• Customer, people and results centric;
• Works logically and systematically to solve problems, make decisions and think laterally and flexibly with the ability to manage sustainable change;
• Commercially astute, analytical with a high degree of numeracy;
• IT literate and able to leverage software and hardware platforms to advantage;
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as part of a team, as well as manage people; excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Maintains a positive attitude to continued learning and growth.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.