To drive tractor, completing maintenance duties, and using agricultural implements to water down, and refuelling machines.
a) Responsible to: Quarry Manager
b) Responsible for: None
c) Liaison with: Directors, Managers, Employees, Clients,
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure daily inspection of machine are conducted to include undercarriage.
• Ensure day to day maintenance of machine is performed to include greasing, cleaning, and monitoring.
• Maintain and inspect any attachments
• Recording and reporting on a daily check sheet including hours and any defects.
• Start up and shut down procedures of the machine.
• To operate machine to a competent level and within site conditions.
• Ensure all operations are carried out under Quarry Regulations 1999.
• Reports any problems to the Quarry Manager.
• Ensure PPE is worn at all times
• Responsible for the removal of all waste products in line with the Company’s Environmental policy.
• To comply with the company’s Factory Production Control Manual in support of SRC Quality Objectives
• To act in accordance with the company’s Health, Safety and Environmental policies, procedures and practices highlighting any issues appropriately
• Performs other duties as directed
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
• Enthusiastic, committed and a fast learner with previous experience of a busy environment
• Ability to work with individuals across departments and liaise with external customers and contacts
• Strong communication skills and willingness to take instruction.
• Recognised qualification to operate plant (preferably CPCS or MPQC) or working towards;
• Health and Safety trained or working towards
• Experience with operating and basic maintenance of mobile plant;
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.