MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
To carry out general labouring duties in order to assist both SRC personnel and the various trades on site, as required
Responsible to: Quarry Manager
Responsible for: None
Liaison with: Directors, Managers, Employees, Client
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
MAIN TASKS OF THE ROLE:
- Loading and unloading of material either into store or across the site. This will involve manual handling of heavy and/or awkward objects.
- Litter picking of stock piles to ensure high quality of product
- Services and assist in repair of the crusher system.
- Performs housekeeping duties around site, including shovelling.
- Monitors raw aggregate material being loaded into crusher and crushed material coming out of crusher onto conveyor system for foreign objects or substances.
- Stops crusher system in the event of a problem.
- Reports any problems to supervisor.
- Perform daily equipment, walk around and site inspections to identify and correct any unsafe conditions and keep equipment properly maintained
- Responsible for the removal of all waste products in line with the Company’s Environmental policy.
- To wear PPE at all times
- To act in accordance with the company’s Health, Safety and Environmental policies, procedures and practices.
- Performs other duties as directed
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Enthusiastic, committed and a fast learner with previous experience of a busy environment
- Health and Safety trained or working towards
- Strong communication skills and willingness to take instruction.
- Ability to work with individuals across departments and liaise with external customers and contacts
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.