MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
To operate the Mixer in a safe and professional manner, delivering products to customers and to provide excellent customer service
Responsible to: Concrete Manager
Responsible for: None
Liaison with: Directors, Managers, Employees, Clients, Suppliers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
MAIN TASKS OF JOB:
- Daily Inspections to be carried out prior to driving.
- Ensure you have received your work schedule via electronic device or transport office.
- Supervise the loading of the vehicle so that products are safely encumbered and secure to minimise chances of damage.
- Ensure with Batcher that the load is correct against the customers’ orders.
- Ensure that on arrival the delivery is safe to execute and respect customer’s property; if in doubt, consult with customer and/or Transport Manager/ Batcher, and use disclaimers if necessary.
- Check goods off with Customers and obtain signature and print. If any errors mark ticket accordingly and consult with Batcher as appropriate.
- Handle customer issues on delivery effectively. Contact Ready Mix Manager or Batcher for assistance if required.
- Carry out deliveries in a timely and safe manner and provide excellent customer service.
- Drive the vehicle safely and in accordance with the law.
- Drive within the tachograph law and driver hours limits.
- Maintain condition of the vehicle and ensure that it is not subjected to unnecessary damage both externally and inside the drum.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the driving cab.
- Comply with fuel directives from the Transport Department.
- Report any accidents as soon as possible and in compliance with the company’s accident reporting procedure
- PPE to worn around Plant and Site
- To comply with the company’s Health, Safety and Environmental policy, highlighting any issues appropriately.
- To act in accordance with the company’s Health, Safety and Environmental policies, procedures and practices.
- Performs other duties as directed
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Enthusiastic, committed and a fast learner with previous experience of a concrete environment
- Must have Class 2 HGV Licence and Driver Tachograph Card
- Strong communication skills and willingness to take instruction.
- Ability to work with individuals across departments and liaise with external customers and contacts
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.